NINJA-IDE 3.0-alpha is finally here!!!
After lots of months rewriting NINJA-IDE to implement the new architecture (which I must say, is going to bring new amazing things about: performance, extensibility, stability, and easy a lot of things for developers of plugins and the core of ninja), we are finally here with the 3.0-alpha version.
There are a lot of things that still needs to be implemented, several features to add, a bunch of issues to fix, etc, etc...
BUT if you are one of the brave ones, you can start playing around with NINJA-IDE, and let us know your ideas of what needs to be improved, problems you experienced, and everything you think would help us to make NINJA-IDE 3.0 the most awesome version so far!
As usual, we are developing NINJA-IDE 3.0 using NINJA-IDE 3.0, but it's always nice to hear from people using the IDE in different ways.
For the alpha version, we are not going to distribute installers for the different platforms, but if you want to start testing NINJA-IDE 3.0-alpha, you can grab the source code from Github and run it from sources (We've always tried to make it really easy to execute it this way for developers), also, if you are in Ubuntu, you can use the Daily PPA and install the last version from there.
Take a look at some of the visual changes that we have done in NINJA-IDE 3.0:
Now that we have the new architecture implemented in NINJA-IDE (something that we knew was going to take a lot of time, but the payoff was going to be huge!), we can start working on fixing the remaining issues, add some of the missing features, AND INCLUDE THE NEW FEATURES THAT WE PLANNED FOR THIS VERSION!! I can tell you that an incredible effort is being done from everyone in NINJA-IDE to build some really awesome things:
- A whole new plugin environment, with virtualenv detection, pypi handling, etc
- Lots of improves in Code Completion
- Graphical Debugger
- A new IntelliSensei module to bring to you the magic of metadata analysis
- Several improves in the UI and UX
- And lots of more things!!!! But... LOTS!!
And that it's not ALL!! The Web Team of NINJA-IDE is also working in a new website, to improve some internal functionalities, and to provide new sections, as a new blog, where we want to publish all the news about the new features being developed, updates in the documentation, videos about how to use and interact with ninja, and lots of more stuff!
- Source Code: https://github.com/ninja-ide/ninja-ide
- Website Source Code: https://github.com/ninja-ide/ninja-ide-web
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/ninja-ide/ninja-ide/issues
- Features for 3.0: https://github.com/ninja-ide/ninja-ide/wiki/Features-3.0
- NINJA-IDE website: http://ninja-ide.org/